SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) are the backbone of the Swiss Economy. 99% of all companies in Switzerland are SMEs and they provide jobs for two thirds of the working population. digitalswitzerland acknowledged this and published a study together with PwC Schweiz and Google Switzerland GmbH on Digital transformation: How mature are Swiss SMEs? Some of the findings are:
- The digitization level varies according to size positively and to the age of the management negatively.
- SMEs in sectors that were digitally transformed by the very first wave (ICT and media) are leading the digitization pack. A lot of work is still necessary in the energy and health sector.
- 76% of SMEs are convinced that the market will be redefined in the next five years due to digitization.
What are proposed measures (page 24&25):
- Make digital transformation a C-suite priority
- Start out with easy steps
- Focus on the customer
- Be brave
- Invest early
- Keep an eye on the market
- Support your people
- Hire digital talent
- Question your business model
- Establish a culture of innovation
- Keep up with the pulse of the market and the times
Digitization for SMEs – chance or risk?
To further discuss these issues and the proposed measures digitalswitzerland invites to the «Digital Summit for SMEs» at the end of August 2017. All decision makers of SMEs in Switzerland are invited to two days of digitization, management und marketing. Top SME experts will give inspiring keynotes; specialists invite you to participate in workshops on solutions and collaboration – and you will get additional value for your specific demand during the SME digital expo. Let us accompany you on the digital journey. Let us show you how it can work for you. And let us invite you to our motto: “think new, act new”.